Prime Group of Institutions has a Proctorial system where administration of student related matters pertaining to all acts of indiscipline are delegated to the Proctorial Board. Proctorial Board is chiefly responsible for ensuring that rules and regulation framed by Institute are being followed by the students.
Some specific responsibilities of the Proctorial Board are as follows:
1. To maintain discipline in the Institute; ensure Institute rules are understood and followed.
2. To keep an eye on the general moral behaviour of the student.
3. To prevent the student from indulging in any political activities on Institute premises.
Cases of indiscipline or indecent behaviour of any student, cases of individual/ group harassment, threats, manhandling etc. are dealt strictly by the Proctorial Board.
The Director is assisted by additional proctors and all HODs will be the default members of the Proctorial board and will have a deciding role if student involved are of their departments.
The Proctorial board will have at least one lady member other than HODs and will be the chairman of the committee for enquiry against sexual harassment, Eve-teasing or disrespectful behaviour or any misbehaviour with a girl student.
The Institute Rules and Regulations are generally followed. However, the Proctorial Board at its discretion can add additional norms or delete existing ones separately depending on the nature and need of the enquiry.
To combat ragging and avoid any untoward incident in the Institute a discipline committee and Anti ragging committee in institute has been constituted. On any motion moved by the departmental discipline committee, after a primary enquiry, the board recommends suitable actions to be taken against those found guilty. Inside hostels, the administrative authorities appointed by the institute, maintains the discipline and thus assist the Proctorial board. Any matter found against the rule is brought into notice of the board for further disciplinary action. Though all the preventive measures against ragging are implemented, nevertheless, all the students are required to submit an undertaking before the concerned Head of Department at the time of admission, to the effect that they will not get involved in any type of misconduct and will abide by the ragging rules. In case of any report obtained from anti-ragging committee, the Proctorial board primarily conducts an enquiry and recommends suitable punishments to those found guilty as per rule. With the assistance of Central Security System established in the institute, the Proctorial board maintains the discipline and order during various celebrations, events and other activities where large gathering of students are common.
The Proctorial board will follow following procedure to initiate enquiry if the complaint is ascertain:
1. The complainant is called for hearing and his statement is recorded.
2. The accused person(s) is called for recording his/her statement.
3. Witnesses mentioned by both parties are listed and they are called for recording their depositions.
4. Any evidence, from security staff/ staff or other persons, who were present there and had witnessed the incident, are called and their statements recorded.
5. A cross-examination of the accused and the complainant is conducted.
6. If any material evidence, like audio/video tapes/paper documents etc. is available, the same is examined. The authenticity is established from the submitted documents.
7. Finally a comprehensive report is prepared where specific charge against the accused is framed and a show cause notice is issued and accused will be suspended from classes till he submit his defence and punishment is decided.
8. The defenced given by the accused persons in the show cause notice is studied and examined.
9. A report is prepared as per the “Prime Institute Students’ Discipline and conduct Rules”, appropriate disciplinary action is recommended.
10. Final report and recommendations is submitted to Director General/ Director for approval & final decisions.
11. Consequently, the award of punishment is conveyed to the student duly signed by the Director.
12. The punished student has the right to appeal against the punishment and Chairman is the empowered authority to deal with appeals.