The Placement Cell organizes campus interviews by inviting various companies for the placement of the student for jobs. It fulfils dual purposes, one for students securing their future career, another for the industry securing the best fresh talent available in the region to train and mould them for their long time need of the employees.
The cell undertakes various activities of training and grooming of students in terms of conducting mock interviews, GD sessions, resume writing workshops, HR meeting etc. Along with providing placement assistance to students of B.E, the placement cell also helps in managing industry interactions and industry relations.
The Institute helps each student in exploring placement opportunities by inviting various companies for campus recruitment of students who are in the final year of the programme and are likely to graduate at the end of the academic year.
The final placements, at the Institute, are a result of very systematic interaction with the industry and continuous career counselling of the students. Right from the beginning of the programme, students are continuously counselled with regard to his/her career aspirations and options, which in turn is vigorously followed up with the potential companies for participating in the placement programme of the Institute. This not only helps the students in getting their ‘dream’ jobs but also assists the visiting placement companies in identifying the ‘right’ candidate for their organization. However, the placement will be governed by Placement guidelines:
The Broad Activities Undertaken by the Placement Cell is:
1. Formation of Students’ Placement Committees for final placement and also for getting industrial training and industry linked project work for students.
2. Pre-placement visits (PPV) to the companies.
3. Communication, networking and relationship building with the potential recruiters
4. Invitation to potential recruiters to visit the Institute.
5. Continuation of placement activities after the stipulated period, till all the students are placed.
6. Grooming up (Personality/Soft-Skill/ Performance Effectiveness) Programme and training of the Students for the placements so that their chances of selection increase.
7. General follow-up, joining formalities and other administrative activities.
8. Internship of students at various industries and research institutes.
9. Vocational / Summer Training of the students.
10. Facilitation for other options: Preparatory programme for competitive examinations and other educational options abroad
11. Industry Interaction Programme / Academic collaborations
12. Entrepreneurship Development
13. Career Counselling