About the Department
Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical Department of Prime College of Diploma for Diploma Studies is built up with top edge notch facilities for carrying cutting edge teaching. The department has an opportunity to play a major role in providing the engineers with academic background.
An interactive relationship is maintained between staff and student which enable the student to develop a sound foundation in the stream in a conductive environment. Every semester, students undergo training in various industries and visits, which enhance practical knowledge of students as well.
The dedicated faculty gives comprehensive detail of practical aspects and help to explore the smallest details via. Different laboratory experiments and equipments, these contribute in making the engineers of next generation.
Head of the department Message
Department of Mechanical Engineering offers undergraduate courses in various facets of Mechanical Engineering. We had a team of highly qualified, experienced, matured and dedicated faculty members who are committed to carve a name in the top echelons of the academic & professional world.
The Department has laboratory and workshop facilities with state-of-the-art equipment to carry out research in all areas related to Mechanical Engineering. Our objective is not to merely produce professionals capable to serve their own needs but Endeavour to serve the society with great concern for human values.
I wish success to all students in your endeavour to join us on the journey of quality education & to have a great learning experience with my excellent, loving & caring team.
Prof. Mahesh Sabhani
Head of the Department
FLUID MECHANICS & HYDRAULIC MACHINES LAB
- Centrifugal Pump Test Rig
- Reciprocating Pump Test Rig
- Experimental Set-up for Pressure Measurement, Pipe Friction and Pipe Fitting
- Experimental Set-up for Venturi, Orifice and Rota meter Apparatus
- Experimental Set-up for bernoulli’s Theorem, Metacentric Height Apparatus and Notch Apparatus
DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
- Cotter Joint Model
- Bearing Set
- Helical Spring Set
- Coupling set
THEORY OF MACHINE LAB
- Model of Four-bar Link Mechanism
- Model Slide Crank Mechanism
- Model of Inversion of Single Slide Crank Mechanism
- Model of Inversion of Double Slide Crank Mechanism
- V Pulley & Belt
- Model of Lancashire Boiler
- Model of Locomotive Boiler
- Model of Cochran Boiler
- Model of Babcock & Wilcox Boiler
- Model of Lamont Boiler
- Model of Mounting & Accessories
- Model of Two stroke Petrol & Diesel Engine
- Model of Four stroke Petrol & Diesel Engine
METROLOGY & INSTRUMENTATION
- Metallurgical Microscope
- Slip Gauge Set
- Vernier Caliper & Micrometer